1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
3. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
4. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.