1. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
3. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.