1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. While shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time considering the site that you are currently considering buying from. You will find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.