1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.