1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.