1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.