1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to determine if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as being a seller.