1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you be aware of the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
4. Talk to your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
5. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.