1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.