1. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.