1. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.