1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Call the web company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.