1. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.