1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your cash.