1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You need to visit their profile and search for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Usually do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to question a few questions concerning the product you are looking at.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.