1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.