1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.