1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
5. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.