1. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
2. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.