1. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a better deal somewhere else.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.