1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.