1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are in the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.