1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
3. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. When you shop online, make sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.