1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
5. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.