1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Before you start your online shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.