1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to look from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to find another site. Try to find a site that offers a secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
2. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.