1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.
4. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.