1. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers along with other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.