1. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be around the safe side.
2. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.