1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual arena of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.