1. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
3. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.