1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Call the internet company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. When you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.