1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.