1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to describe the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all this information to decide if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, along with your area prior to placing an order.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.