1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.