1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. Shopping online is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.