1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.