1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.