1. While shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
4. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your own items and if there are free shipping options open to you.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.