1. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You ought to visit their profile and look for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products using this seller. Tend not to hesitate get in touch with the seller to question a few questions about the product you are interested in.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your money.