1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.