1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
5. If you find an excellent product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.