1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. When you shop online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are considering buying from. You can get information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you getting the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.