1. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for the shipping on your items and if there are free delivery options open to you.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.