1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.