1. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.