1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
2. Call the web company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. If you want to save cash on the products you purchase online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals in the event you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
4. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.