1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a discount code.
3. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It really is much safer that way.