1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. While shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
5. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.