1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.