1. If you're concerned about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.