1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.