1. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.