1. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
3. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
4. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.