1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. In case a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
3. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always top-notch and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers and other shady types who try to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. Call the internet company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.