1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.